Thursday, April 11, 2013

HELP ME BRING "ANTIQUE" TO LIFE

So, as most of my readers know, I'm rather artsy.  That being said, I wrote a short play called "Antique."  And while writing the play is awesome, I have the opportunity to bring "Antique" to life on the stage at the New Play Development Workshop in Orlando this summer, which is infinitely more awesome than simply writing a play that no one will see.  I'm really excited about this and I hope that you are also.  However, there's a catch... I mean, isn't there always a catch?  So, getting myself and my play out to Orlando and finding lodging during Orlando's peak tourist season is expensive.  As a result, I need help raising the money to get to the New Play Development Workshop, to afford lodging in Orlando, and to pay the other costs associated with seeing "Antique" staged.  In order to raise these much needed funds, I have created a kickstarter project, which you can view here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/780924337/antique-a-new-short-play

Please, if you are able to donate money toward my project, do so.  You will be part of the birth of this new play onto the stage, you'll be supporting the arts, and that's something that you can feel good about.  And if feeling good about helping this play get to the New Play Development Workshop isn't enough for you, I'm also offering some really great rewards for people who donate money to my kickstarter project.  My fundraiser expires in 18 days and I still need to raise $960 in order to meet my goal.  (Also, I should mention that kickstarter is an all-or-nothing venture.  If I do not succeed in raising my goal amount, I do not receive any of the money pledged to my project.)

So this is it.  Here I am, asking you to please go look at my kickstarter project and pledge money to this project if you feel so inclined.  Help me bring "Antique" to life on the stage.  I promise you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment